Understanding Your Future Customers
|To be confirmed||To be confirmed|
The retail world is constantly evolving at an unprecedented pace. Preparing your business to tackle the changes ahead involves understanding the needs of your future customers through trend forecasting. SIRS collaborates with WGSN, the global authority on consumer and design trends, to provide trend analysis and product merchandising insights to help you curate relevant products and navigate the retail landscape.
This two-day masterclass offers customised modules to guide you in the effective development of product collections for retail and acquire practical skills and methodologies to capitalise and execute on market trends. You will gain a comprehensive understanding and implement effective processes from trend research to product creation at a commercial level and drive innovation and future strategy in your business by adding another dimension to creativity that people bring to their work. Start speaking the same trend language as your customers using macro trend forecasts to extract relevant takeaways from conceptual themes. You will also develop skills to translate global trends to local perspectives, apply brand and market filters to create a commercially viable product, and pick up the right trends at the right time.
Course Title | Mode of Training | Course Ref
Understanding Your Future Customers
Synchronous E-learning - TGS-2021004118
- Disrupt to Innovate: learn the importance of creativity and disruptive thinking in businesses
- Understanding the Direction of Change: discover the different types of trends that impact consumers, trend evolutions and adoptions concepts
- Consumer and Brand Relationship: understand consumer demographics and psychographics and brand segmentations
- Research Methodology: appreciate WGSN’s proprietary methodologies, including key areas of research, identify qualitative and quantitative data, how to extract meaning from insights and develop a rationale that supports creative curation
- Collection Planning: explore frameworks for curating product collections based on market best practices and consumer preferences, including how risk is managed throughout the merchandising process
- Seasonal Forecast: discover latest seasonal forecasts for retail to provide context to market trends and how they relate to emerging consumer lifestyles
- Collection Planning Application: apply product trends and curation frameworks into collection development through guided interactive online exercises
Who Should Attend
This masterclass is suitable for Merchandisers, Buyers, Business Owners, and PMETs.
2 days (9am - 6pm daily)
A culturally-engaged strategist, Jien is driven to help clients connect the dots between current societal shifts and future growth opportunities. Jien’s background in design & innovation informs her approach. She has partnered with iconic brands to deliver actionable growth strategies that bridge the gap between data-robust insight and creative thinking. Jien has helped shape the future of brands across sectors spanning fashion, beauty, consumer tech and food & drink. Some of her clients include LVMH, Loewe, Inditex Group, Cotton On Group, Coty Paris, Hyundai, Samsung, Kelloggs, Diageo and Beam Suntory. She has also taken the (virtual) stage at conferences for the likes of Singapore Design Centre, Singapore International Retail Association and Singapore Management University. Outside of work, Jien finds beauty in the less quantifiable worlds of yoga and art. She is currently obsessed with #tablescaping and is starting a passion project centred around the eco-conscious curation of thrifted vintage & artisanal dinnerware
Fees (GST 8% - For payment made on/after 1 Jan 2023)
|Singapore Citizen0 (70% funding)||$914.85|
|Singapore Citizen 40 years and above0,1 (90% funding)||$344.85|
|Singapore Citizen sponsored by SMEs0,2 (90% funding)||$344.85|
|Singapore PR (70% funding)||$923.40|
|Singapore PR sponsored by SMEs2 (90% funding)||$353.40|
Fees include prevailing GST
Funding Eligibility Period: 1 Oct 2021 to 30 Sep 2024
0The increase of 1% GST on fees will be absorbed for Singapore Citizens in 2023
1Fee is under the Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy(MCES)
2Fee is under the Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
This course is also eligible for the following:
For self-sponsored participants:
For company-sponsored participants:
For more information about funding and support, click here.