What is AP?
AP funding is a grant to help employers defray the manpower costs incurred when they send their employees for certifiable skills training.
What does AP comprise of?
With effect from 1 January 2022, company will receive a fixed Absentee Payroll (AP)* rate of $4.50 per hour, capped at $100,000 per enterprise per calendar year.
*AP funding will be computed based on the actual number of training hours attended by the trainee.
For more information, please click here.
Am I eligible for AP?
Your company is eligible for AP as long as it is registered or incorporated in Singapore.
Is my employee eligible for AP?
- Trainees must be fully sponsored by their employer for supportable cost components (such as course fees) incurred on the training course;
- Trainees must be full-time or permanent part-time employees of the sponsoring company;
- Trainees must continue to receive their salary when they attend training;
- Trainees must have achieved at least 75% attendance;
- Trainees must have sat for and passed the examinations/ assessments where applicable;
- Trainees must complete the course whilst under employment of the sponsoring company; and
- For training outside working hours, company must have in place a Human Resource (HR) policy which provides for the payment of overtime pay* to employees for these training hours and pay their employees overtime pay for these hours, in accordance with the HR Policy.
How do I apply for AP?
Your company may apply through the Enterprise Portal for the programme you attended. The Government will reimburse the absentee payroll.
Where can I get more information on AP?
You may visit Enterprise Portal for Jobs and Skills (EPJS) for more information on AP.