As part of the Adapt and Grow Initiative, Workforce Singapore (WSG) and SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) jointly developed the Career Conversion Programme (CCP) to help Professionals, Managers, Executives, and Technicians (PMETs) mid-career switchers undergo skills conversion to gain relevant competencies and take on new, exciting careers in different industries.
Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS) is the appointed programme manager for CCP in the retail sector, assisting and supporting employers with manpower challenges in the face of the ever-changing retail landscape. Through structured classroom and on-the-job training (OJT), retailers are better able to align their training according to their specific business needs.
SIRS offers Career Conversion Programmes (CCPs) for the Retail Professional and Digital Professional (Retail) to equip Professionals, Managers, Executives, and Technicians (PMETs) transiting into these new careers with the right skillsets, and support employers in attracting talents for enterprise capability building.
CCP for Digital Professional (Retail)
PMET mid-career switchers will be reskilled with the necessary competencies to move into new job roles in retail such as Online Business or E-commerce Business Development. They will assist retailers in digitalising their businesses, and provide seamless O2O integration.
Under the CCP-DP (Retail), participants will have to complete the following programmes:
Find Out More
- Digital Commerce Operations
- Customer Experience Innovation
- Paid Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Management
CCP for Retail Professional
PMET mid-career switchers will undergo skills conversion to embark on retail careers such as Operations, Customer Service or Supply Chain. They will assist retailers in meeting growing consumer expectations and delivering memorable customer journeys.
Under the CCP-RP, participants will complete the following modules from the Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) Diploma in Retail (Operations):
Find Out More
- Global Mindset
- Retailing and the Economy
- Sales Target Management
- Service Leadership
- Workplace Communication
Benefits to your company
Request for Brochure
- Facilitate recruitment of career switchers to meet employers' manpower needs
- Leverage structured industry-recognised training
- Convert motivated and talented mid-career PMETs to reskill and take on new job roles
- Reach out to a wider workforce and overcome talent shortage
- Tap on Government funding through course fee grant and salary support
Funding and Support
To encourage employers in taking on mid-career switchers without the requisite experience or skills, funding support will be provided during a CCP; comprising CCP training duration (classroom training delivered by SIRS, with structured OJT at the hiring company) and an additional period of retention equivalent to the training duration.
For individual new hires on Place-and-Train CCPs (from 1 September 2020 to 28 February 2021), the Salary Support funding will now be disbursed to participating employers over a longer period; comprising CCP training duration and an additional period of retention equivalent to the training duration.
- Up to 70% of trainee's monthly basic salary (capped at $4,000 per month) for Singapore Citizens/PRs aged 40 and above
- Up to 90% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $6,000 per month) for Long-term Unemployed1 Singapore Citizen (SC) trainees or Mature2 SC trainees
1Long-term Unemployed (LTU) is defined as being unemployed and actively seeking employment for six months or more
2Mature trainee is defined as being aged 40 and above.
Course Fee Subsidy
- Non-Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs): Up to 70% SSG funding*
- SMEs or trainees eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES): Up to 90% SSG funding*
*Funding caps vary and apply for respective CCPs
- To facilitate the programme under a Place-and-Train mode, participating employers will hire the participants before they commence training; and be required to provide structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) plans to ensure that participants hired will gain the necessary competencies for their new role.
- The CCP for RP, DP (Retail), and NMP (Retail) are administered by the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS). Participants will undergo a 6-month programme consisting of classroom training delivered by SIRS, paired with structured OJT at the hiring company.
- Candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- New PMET hires who have no more than three months of employment with the current company
- Have graduated from pre-employment training for at least 2 years (excluding National Service where applicable)
- The candidate must have managerial-level or equivalent experience in a non-related role prior to joining the CCP
- Trainee remains employed at the hiring company for a minimum duration equivalent to the programme duration, after passing all the required modules
- Participating companies must fulfill the following criteria:
- The participating company must be registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- the participating company must issue a valid employment contract; and
- the participating company must be able to provide structured on-the-job training for the candidate.