The CCP for Retail Professional seeks to help retailers in their manpower needs by providing mid-career switchers with an opportunity to work in retail operations.
Through the CCP-RP, participants will gain knowledge and be equipped in skillsets in operations, customer service, and supply chain roles, assisting retailers in meeting
the growing consumer expectations while delivering a memorable customer journey.
The CCP-RP includes the following training modules from the Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Diploma in Retail (Operations):
- Global Mindset (24 hours)
Evaluate local & global issues & trends that impact one's employability & job role and to be able to identify competency gaps, determine training &
development needs and to establish & evaluate appropriate training & learning opportunities for all including the implementation of a conducive work
environment to facilitate transfer of knowledge & skills.
- Retailing & the Economy (24 hours)
Understand key considerations and target markets in retailing as well as the application of the following concepts in the context of retailing: scarcity,
opportunity costs, demand & supply, elasticity, utility.
- Sales Target Management (24 hours)
Set, communicate, drive and motivate staff to achieve sales target and to review social-economic changes in the local context as well as assess impact of
external economic and political events on the local retailing environment and to make changes to target set inability to reflect actual situation.
- Service Leadership (30 hours)
Recognise the characteristics of a leader and to discharge the roles & responsibilities of a leader in operationalising the organization's service vision,
mission and values - entailing ways to promote a customer centric environment as well as analyzing the performance of individual member and the team with
the intent to identify follow-up actions for improvement.
- Workplace Communication (18 hours)
Use appropriate methods/equipment/platform to communicate policies and procedure to staff and monitor their compliance including evaluating the
effectiveness of such methods/channels.
The CCP-RP trainee should attain a ‘Competent’ for all modules. Upon completion of the programme, trainees will receive the nationally accredited Statement
of Attainment (SOA), under the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) framework for Retail.
*Training hours may be subjected to change
To view more details, refer to the factsheets below:
Funding and Support
To encourage employers to take on mid-career switchers without the requisite experience or skills, funding support will be provided during a CCP conversion programme, consists of CCP training duration (classroom training delivered by SIRS, with structured OJT at the hiring company) and an additional period of retention equivalent to the training duration.
For individuals newly hires on Place-and-Train CCPs for the period between 1 September 2020 to 28 February 2021, the Salary Support funding will now be disbursed to participating employers over a longer period, comprising the CCP training duration and an additional period of retention equivalent to the training duration.
1Long-term Unemployed (LTU) is defined as being unemployed and actively seeking employment for six months or more
- Up to 70% of trainee's monthly basic salary (capped at $4,000 per month) for Singapore Citizens/PRs age of 40
- Up to 90% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $6,000 per month) for Long-term Unemployed1 Singapore Citizen (SC) trainees or Mature2 SC trainees
2Mature trainee is defined as being aged 40 and above.
Course Fee Subsidy
*Funding caps vary and apply for respective CCPs
- Non-Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs): Up to 70% SSG funding*
- SMEs or trainees eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES): Up to 90% SSG funding*
- To facilitate the programme under a Place-and-Train mode, participating employers will hire the participants before they commence training; and be required to provide structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) plans to ensure that participants hired will gain the necessary competencies for their new role.
- The CCP for RP, DP (Retail), and NMP (Retail) are administered by the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS). Participants will undergo a 6-month programme consisting of classroom training delivered by SIRS, paired with structured OJT at the hiring company.
- Candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- New PMET hires who have no more than three months of employment with the current company
- Have graduated from pre-employment training for at least 2 years (excluding National Service where applicable)
- The candidate must have managerial-level or equivalent experience in a non-related role prior to joining the CCP
- Trainee remains employed at the hiring company for a minimum duration equivalent to the programme duration, after passing all the required modules
- Participating companies must fulfill the following criteria:
- The participating company must be registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- the participating company must issue a valid employment contract; and
- the participating company must be able to provide structured on-the-job training for the candidate.