The SGUS Programme will end in March 2022. Hurry and sign up now!
The digital age requires the agility of an organisation and its people to accommodate continuous change. It is about careful planning and putting
in place initiatives targeting transformational results to bring about benefits of digital transformation, instead of merely adopting systems for
optimization. In this pathway, participants will learn to evaluate the landscape and develop strategies to bring about digital transformation for
the business. It is imperative also for leaders to understand the changing social dynamics and behaviours of the workplace in today’s digital age.
A leader consistently leads others by supporting staff to grow through collaborating and fostering interdependence in pursuing goals that stretch
their skills. The programmes will equip participants with future leadership skills, to cultivate positive team dynamics, establish clear roles and
responsibilities, to achieve organisational goals.
- Engage Customers through Social Media (7 hours)
- Fundamentals to Starting an Online Business (7 hours)
- Introduction to Digital Marketing (7 hours)
- Personal Online Branding (7 hours)
- Tapping into the Power of Instagram for Selling (7 hours)
- Thrive in Digital Disruption – Learn, Unlearn and Relearn (7 hours)
- Social Media Marketing (24 hours)
- Search Engine Optimization - SEO (24 hours)
- Paid Search Engine Marketing (24 hours)
- Content Management (24 hours)
- Merchandise Performance Analysis (24 hours)
- Website Design (24 hours)
- Personal Effectiveness (24 hours)
- Service Leadership (24 hours)
- Service Excellence (24 hours)
- Emerging Technology (18 hours)
- Business Environment Analysis - Formulate Social Media Strategy (24 hours)
- Drive Productivity and Innovation (24 hours)
- Set Up an Online Business (+ Project Work) (39 hours)
Who Should Attend
Suitable for participants with at least 3 years senior managerial working experience in retail or Professional, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) position in non-retail sector.
GCE 'O' level Credit (at least C6) in English and Mathematics or Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) score: Level 7 for Reading, Listening, Writing, and Numeracy.
|Nett (including GST)
This programme is also eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For SkillsFuture course reference, please click here.