The rapid introduction of new technologies has resulted in a shift of consumers' shopping behaviour. This has, in turn, resulted in a shift of the role of the traditional brick-and-mortar store, transforming it from just a sales channel into one that makes up part of the customer experience. This also means that the role of retail professionals has also changed: from one that is focused on sales, to one that is focused on experiential marketing and customer satisfaction, to ensure customer loyalty.
As the anchor provider for the retail sector, SIRS provides a full suite of programmes including WSQ Full Qualification Programmes and WSQ Certified Modular Programmes, catered to equip retail professionals at different stages of their careers – from the retail associate to the retail manager – with the latest skillsets required to continually delight today’s customers.
WSQ Full Qualification Programmes
- Certificate in Retail (Operations)
- Advanced Certificate in Retail (Operations)
- Diploma in Retail (E-Commerce / Omni-Channel)
- Diploma in Retail (Operations)
- Specialist Diploma in Retail (Operations)
WSQ Certified Modular Programmes
- Creating an Unforgettable Customer Experience
- Mastering the Art of Selling in New Retail
- Maximise Digital Advertising Dollars with Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Game Plan
- The Art and Science of Visual Merchandising
- Unleash the Power of Social Media Marketing
The Singapore Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) is a national credential system that trains, develops, assesses, and certifies skills and competencies for the Singapore workforce. WSQ offers bite-sized training modules, at the end of which, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) is awarded. Trainees can also accumulate relevant SOAs to achieve WSQ full qualification.