Singapore companies who are keen to kick-start their cross-border online businesses can tap on the Multichannel E-commerce Platform (MEP) Programme to adopt multichannel
cross-border e-commerce solution.
Through appointed MEP providers, SMEs can manage their cross-border multichannel e-commerce selling with ease. Leveraging on their expertise and strong in-market network,
SMEs can expand their digital sales channels and access to new customers.
Under this programme, SMEs not only will benefit from tapping on MEP solutions, they will also be equipped with essential skills to operate a successful online business.
Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS) is the designated training partner to develop the training programme with MEP providers to help SMEs onboard the providers'
platforms, gain insights into the e-commerce ecosystem and succeed in their online business.
The MEP Programme comprises three main components:
- End-to-end package by appointed MEP providers to gain rapid entry to new markets via multiple overseas e-marketplaces
- Digital marketing support to help SMEs increase brand value and drive traffic on e-commerce platforms
- Relevant training programmes to operate an e-commerce business (working with SIRS as a designated training partner)
After the appointment of a preferred MEP provider, companies will go through the following training programmes to gain deeper understanding and practical application to operate their e-commerce business effectively:
- Appointed MEP Provider's Onboarding Programme (1 Day)
- SIRS Digital Commerce Visual (2 Days)
- SIRS Omni-Commerce Retail (3 Days)
Who Should Attend
The MEP Programme is ideally for enterprises that are using online platforms to internationalise for the first time.
Eligible SMEs can receive a one-time 70%* subsidy off a MEP solution package through Enterprise Singapore's support. Companies should meet the following criteria:
- Business entity is registered/incorporated in Singapore
- At least 30% local shareholding
- Group annual turnover not exceeding S$100 million per annum based on the most recent audited report, or group employment not exceeding 200 employees
*Eligible SMEs who signed up for the MEP Programme from 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020 will receive a one-time support at 90% (from 70%) of eligible programme costs
for a year.
How to Apply
Companies interested in applying for the MEP Programme should directly email any of the appointed MEP solution providers for more information on their packages.
Click here for contact information of the appointed MEP solution providers.
Request for Brochure