Professional Conversion Programme (PCP)
As part of the Adapt and Grow Initiative, Workforce Singapore (WSG) and SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) jointly developed the Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) to help Professionals, Managers, Executives, and Technicians (PMETs) mid-career switchers undergo skills conversion to gain relevant competencies and take on new, exciting careers in different industries.
Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS) is the appointed programme manager for PCP in the retail sector, assisting and supporting employers with manpower challenges in the face of the ever-changing retail landscape. Through structured classroom and on-the-job training (OJT), retailers are better able to align their training according to their specific business needs.
SIRS offers a range of Professional Conversion Programmes (PCPs) in the Retail sector,for the Retail Professional, Digital Professional and New Media Professional, to equip Professionals, Managers, Executives, and Technicians (PMETs) transiting into these new careers with the right skillsets and support employers to attract talents for enterprise capability building.
Funding and Salary Support
- Up to 70% of the trainee’s monthly salary, capped at $4,000 (excl. GST) per trainee per month, for the programme duration.
- Up to 90%* of the trainee’s monthly salary, capped at $6,000 (excl. GST) per trainee per month, for the programme duration.
*PMETs aged 40 years old and above, and/or participants who have been unemployed for more than six months.
Funding would be based on the duration of the programme (maximum 6 months)
- To facilitate the programme under a Place-and-Train mode, participating employers will hire the participants before they commence training; and be required to provide structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) plans to ensure that participants hired will gain the necessary competencies for their new role.
- The PCP for RP, DP, and NMP are administered by the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS). Participants will undergo a 6-month programme consisting of classroom training delivered by SIRS, paired with structured OJT at the hiring company.
- Candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- New PMET hires who have no more than three months of employment with the current company
- Have graduated from pre-employment training for at least 2 years (excluding National Service where applicable)
- The candidate must have managerial-level or equivalent experience in a non- related role prior to joining the PCP
- Trainee remains employed at the hiring company for a minimum duration equivalent to the programme duration, after passing all the required modules
- Participating companies must fulfill the following criteria:
- The participating company must be registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- the participating company must issue a valid employment contract; and
- the participating company must be able to provide structured on-the-job training for the candidate.
Contact Number: 6222 7477