- To facilitate the programme under a Place-and-Train mode, participating employers will hire the participants before they commence training; and be required to provide structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) plans to ensure that participants hired will gain the necessary competencies for their new role.
- The PCP for DP and RP is administered by the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS). Participants will undergo a 6-month programme consisting of classroom training delivered by SIRS, paired with structured OJT at the hiring company.
- Candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- New PMET hires who have no more than three months of employment with the current company
- Have graduated from pre-employment training for at least 2 years (excluding National Service where applicable)
- The candidate must have managerial-level or equivalent experience in a non- related role prior to joining the PCP
- Participating companies must fulfill the following criteria:
- The participating company must be registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- the participating company must issue a valid employment contract; and
- the participating company must be able to provide structured on-the-job training for the candidate.
- Salary Support
- Up to 70% of the trainee’s monthly salary, capped at $4,000 (excl. GST) per trainee per month, for the duration of the programme.
- Up to 90%* of the trainee’s monthly salary, capped at $6,000 (excl. GST) per trainee per month, for the programme duration.
*PMETs aged 40 years old and above, and/or participants who have been unemployed for more than six months.
Funding would be based on the duration of the programme (maximum 6 months)
Trainee remains employed at the hiring company for a minimum duration equivalent to the programme duration, after passing all the required modules