Career Conversion Programme for Retail Industry (CCP RI) Overview
The Career Conversion Programme for Retail Industry (CCP-RI) aims to help Professionals, Managers, Executives, and Technicians (PMETs) mid-career switchers undergo skills conversion to gain relevant competencies and take on new, exciting job functions in Retail Operations, Brand Management, Marketing, Merchandising or E-commerce (Omni-Channel).
Appointed by the Workforce Singapore, the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS) offers CCP-RI to assist and support employers with manpower challenges in the face of the ever-changing retail landscape. Through structured classroom and on-the-job training (OJT), retailers are better able to align their training according to their specific business needs.
- Faciliate recruitment of career switchers to meet employers’ manpower needs
- Leverage structured industry-recognised training
- Convert motivated and talented mid-career PMETs to reskill & take on new job roles
- Reach out to a wider workforce and overcome talent shortage
- Tap on Government funding through course fee grant and salary support
Funding and Support
- Up to 70% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $4,000 per month) for Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Residents (PR)
- Up to 90% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $6,000 per month) for Long-term Unemployed1 SC or Mature SC aged 40 and above
1Long-term Unemployed (LTU) is defined as being unemployed and actively seeking employment for six months or more
Course Fee Subsidy
- Non-Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs): Up to 70% SSG funding*
- SMEs or trainees eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES): Up to 90% SSG funding*
*Funding caps vary and apply for CCP-RI