The PCP - Digital Professional (PCP - DP) seeks to help retail companies tap on additional sources of manpower and meet their manpower needs by providing mid-career switchers with an opportunity to enter the retail profession. The PCP - DP will train participants in the operations and management of digital commerce, while equipping them with the necessary skills for digital marketing to aid retailers in their digital transformation, and boost their revenue with digital commerce.
Through structured classroom and OJT, companies are also able to align training according to their specific business needs.
Under the PCP - DP, participants will have to complete the following programmes:
- Digital Commerce Operations
- Customer Experience Innovation
- Paid Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Management
To view more details, refer to the factsheets below:
Funding and Support
To encourage employers to take on mid-career switchers without the requisite experience or skills, funding support will be provided during a PCP conversion programme, consists of PCP training duration (classroom training delivered by SIRS, with structured OJT at the hiring company) and an additional period of retention equivalent to the training duration.
For individuals newly hires on Place-and-Train PCPs for the period between 1 September 2020 to 28 February 2021, the Salary Support funding will now be disbursed to participating employers over a longer period, comprising the PCP training duration and an additional period of retention equivalent to the training duration.
- Up to 70% of trainee's monthly basic salary (capped at $4,000 per month) for Singapore Citizens/PRs age of 40
- Up to 90% of monthly salary for PCP training duration (capped at $6,000 per month) for Long-term Unemployed1 Singapore Citizen (SC) trainees or Mature2 SC trainees
1Long-term Unemployed (LTU) is defined as being unemployed and actively seeking employment for six months or more
2Mature trainee is defined as being aged 40 and above.
Course Fee Subsidy
- Non-Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs): Up to 70% SSG funding*
- SMEs or trainees eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES): Up to 90% SSG funding*
*Funding caps vary and apply for respective PCPs
- To facilitate the programme under a Place-and-Train mode, participating employers will hire the participants before they commence training; and be required to provide structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) plans to ensure that participants hired will gain the necessary competencies for their new role.
- The PCP for RP, DP, and NMP are administered by the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS). Participants will undergo a 6-month programme consisting of classroom training delivered by SIRS, paired with structured OJT at the hiring company.
- Candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- New PMET hires who have no more than three months of employment with the current company
- Have graduated from pre-employment training for at least 2 years (excluding National Service where applicable)
- The candidate must have managerial-level or equivalent experience in a non-related role prior to joining the PCP
- Trainee remains employed at the hiring company for a minimum duration equivalent to the programme duration, after passing all the required modules
- Participating companies must fulfill the following criteria:
- The participating company must be registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- the participating company must issue a valid employment contract; and
- the participating company must be able to provide structured on-the-job training for the candidate.