What is Enhanced Training Support For SMEs (ETSS)?
Skills upgrading remains a key mechanism for companies to raise productivity. Compared to larger companies with more resources, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are less able to send their employees for training. The Government has thus enhanced training support for SMEs by providing higher course fee funding and enhanced Absentee Payroll (AP) cap.
What does ETSS comprise?
For all eligible SMEs, sponsored staff enjoys 90% course fee subsidy for all approved programmes.
Am I eligible for ETSS?
SMEs that meet all of the following eligibility criteria qualify for ETSS:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- At least 30% local shareholding by Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Employment size of not more than 200 (at group level) or with annual sales turnover (at group level) of not more than $100 million
Is my employee eligible for ETSS?
- Trainees must be hired in accordance with the Employment Act and fully sponsored by their employers for the course
- Trainees must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
How do I apply for ETSS?
Your company may apply through the SkillsConnect for the programme you attended. The Government will reimburse the additional programme fee funding along with the absentee payroll.
Where can I get more information on ETSS?
You may visit SkillsFuture Singapore for more information on ETSS.